Sunday, April 20, 2014

Updates from Ecuador

This week was a really good week. The other 3 hermanas that live with us are ALL sick. So we have been in and out of clinics since Thursday! They are all doing better now but it has been quite heck-tic. I am loving being in the clinics....it makes me want to go back to school that much more! I am developing more love for Guayaquil and not sure if I´m wanting to leave it whenever time for transfers comes. My companion and I started working out in the mornings which has been great. It makes the rest of the day run smoother. We have stake conference today and tomorrow and our investigador Jorge is going. He is AWESOME. He is so prepared and started reading the Book of Mormon on Sunday and has already read to 2 Nephi 18. Sister Smith and I contacted him one day in the street back in January and visited him twice. His neighbor is the second counselor to the bishop and invited him to go to church this last Sunday and he went. He attended a baptism with us yesterday and is so excited to get baptized! He showed up in a suit and tie with his Book of Mormon. He was singing the hymns quite loudly and it was the coolest thing ever. It is so amazing to see the change in people that the gospel brings.

H. Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment