Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cambios

So this week I had my first transfer. Almost cant believe that I am 9 months into my mission and finally had my first cambio. I am still in Guayaquil but more central western part of the city in Portete. I really like the area it is a lot nicer and cleaner than La Florida but also a lot harder to teach. We live in a gated urbanization in a cute little house and we have started running in the mornings again. We run to a bridge that's over one of the rivers that flows through Guayaquil. There is a little park in our neighborhood that has a running course. I am still with Hermana Saucedo and 2 other Hermanas live our house also. One is from Argentina and I love her accent in Spanish! She is way fun and reminds me of you mom. So far we have only had one day in the sector this week...more like half a day because we have been going to doctor appointments etc. We had a small group of new missionaries arrive this week and half of them got sick. Without fail several of the newbies got sick, every time. Last night I was in the ER with a Hermana until midnight for swelling, inflammation, and redness to both legs. The doppler ultrasound of her legs took almost 2 hours! I am becoming well known in these clinics. I got a little homesick being in the ER.

Hoping we can find people to teach, the sector is small and we know absolutely nobody. The sector includes 4 gated neighborhoods and also a sector with housing for the policia. This Sunday we are excited to meet some members and get some references for less active families.

With love,
H. Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment