Sunday, May 4, 2014

Portete

Portete is a nice area, our sector includes 4 gated neighborhoods that aren't very big. The sector is very small and a lot less walking distance than La Florida. We still haven't had much time in the sector. We are trying to get to know the members more because we know absolutely nobody! We are having English classes Wednesday and hoping that we can receive some references that way. The phone reception is awful and almost non-existent in our house. I'm not sure how much time I will have here but I imagine until July. That is our goal to have everything organized in the nursing department by then. We are going to be making plans to travel this week probably for the 3rd week in May to all of the Provinces. I am pretty excited about that! I will get to see many different parts of the mission. Our zone here only has one other companionship of sisters with tons of elders which is way different than my last zone.

This week I completed 9 months in the mission! I had completely forgotten about my halfway mark. We are in a Trio right now because Hermana Taylor from Nicaragua arrived this week and is with us until President can find an apartment in Mapasigne for another companionship of sisters. We went out to eat with President and Hermana Dennis when she arrived and Pres. asked me when I hit my 9 month mark...and realized it was that day! He told me it was all downhill from there.

Love,
H. Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment