Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Portoviejo

This week we were very blessed to have the baptism and confirmation of Danilo and Cecilia. President Dennis and his wife attended with about a third of the ward which made it that much more special. We are so happy for them and I feel like they are family. We have a family home evening planned with them for tonight and are going to teach them about The Family Proclamation to the World. Which is so incredible and I want to start using it more with inactive families. Juan is progressing well but is still struggling with his addiction to tobacco. He went 2 days without smoking but he has been having withdrawals and it has been very difficult for him. He had severe left chest pain and shortness of breath during one of our lessons and had to step outside to smoke. I told him he needed to see a doctor to get checked out.  I hope he doesn’t have cardiac issues. It kills me to see the look of disappointment on his face when he tells us he has smoked. He has such a strong desire to quit. The bishop gave him a blessing on Sunday and he has started to attend the addiction recovery program at the church. Many prayers are needed for him please.

I feel so much love for these families we are teaching. I am so happy here in Portoviejo and learning a ton. I feel like this is the place is going to be my favorite. I am going to cry when I have to leave it but know the Lord knows best.

Hermana Bassett is so AWESOME! I am training her to be the next nurse for when I end the mission. She is the sister with dark hair that is in my photos with Danilo and Cecilia. She is from Nevada.

I haven’t been happier in all of my mission.
One year y’all!
H. Lyman


Danilo and Cecilia baptism
 

 
                               
Hermana Saucedo and my Ecuadorian haircut.  Almost all of the women have their hair cut in a V shape....so I thought why not?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment