Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Getting Closer to Ecuador!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hola!!!
 
It has been yet another quick week that has passed in the CCM. The days seem to last forever and the weeks tend to fly by. Being here has made me feel so much of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for me. I love it so much here and can´t wait to get to Ecuador! Sorry this e-mail is going to be brief. 
 
This week we were asked to invite others to come into Christ. We decided to sing hymns to some of the workers here and it was so much fun! The 3 Hermanas in my district and I decided to knock on the Mission President's door ( his home is not far from our classroom) and we shared a scripture and sang him and his wife a hymn. We were nervous about it and not sure if they would mind so we said a prayer before and had a good feeling about it. They invited us into their home and talked to us for about 45 minutes. They are so sweet and it was nice to feel like we were in an actual home with people who loved us. The closest thing to Grandma and Grandpa! The spirit is so strong when we sing and I love singing in Spanish. Our district will be singing "God Be With You till We Meet Again." Next Sunday in sacrament since it will be our last. Not sure if we will be able to make it through the song without crying. 
 
This Sunday we had beef diaphragm which was actually AMAZING. Tasted a lot like a roast in a crock pot. Hermana Walton, one of my roommates was talking about brownies all week long and how wonderful it would be if we could some how get a brownie mix from Costco. We tried to get our instructor to get us some but he said he wouldn't be able to. However, this Sunday after church the Bishop's wife had brought us BROWNIES!!! We were so happy, although I enjoyed the cookies she brought better, it was so nice to see our Branch excited to have some American food. 
 
I actually met the Mission President's daughter of the Guayaquil South mission at a devotional yesterday! She was sitting next to me in the auditorium so it was nice to talk to her for awhile about Guayaquil etc. She told me the drivers there are so much worse than the ones in Mexico City which is hard to imagine and that it is very humid and HOT! No surprise there. It made me that much more excited to get to Ecuador. I feel like I'm ready, not my Spanish by any means, but I am so ready to get things started. I feel like the best way to get the language down is to be in the field. Glad it is no longer 9 weeks here, 6 is enough for me.
 
My current favorite verses, thought I would share!
 
 
34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.   

I miss everyone so much.
Con Amor,
Hermana Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment