Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Terminal Semana in el CCM!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hola de el Ciudad de México!

This is my last week here in the CCM! I will receive my flight itinerary tomorrow so as of now I believe I will be flying out the 12th. Most of the missionaries leave the CCM around 1:30 am so it would not surprise me if I leave sometime around then as well. There are quite a few Hermanas that will be flying to Ecuador with me which will be nice. I am not looking forward to packing all of my things back up. Wish you were here to help me with that again Mom and Grandma. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. However I can't wait to serve the Lord and the people of Ecuador.

Hermana Berrett and I played tennis a few times this week and I have decided I might want to take lessons when I get back or when I'm old and want to play tennis with all the ladies. She is really good and fun to play with! She also likes to golf so we joke and say we are going to live near each other so when we are old we can just go play sports when we aren't working at the hospital. The longer I'm here the more I am convinced that I want to do traveling nursing when I get back. A few months in Spain would be so ideal and I find myself thinking about it a lot. We will see! There are so many things I want to do when I get back. I feel like being here has made my perspective of life that much bigger. I have a desire to learn and progress in so many things. The gospel is so fulfilling and I am so happy here. I know that there is nowhere else I am supposed to be and I am so grateful for this opportunity. 

This week we also discovered that Hermano Brown, one of our instructors, is 4 months YOUNGER than me. I am older than my teacher....that is definitely a first! He is such a great instructor and Hermano Sagers, our other instructor, reminds me a lot of Tanner. They both are so great and teach so well.  It is actually pretty chilly in the mornings and nights here. It is the rainy season right now so it gets chilly when it rains as well. 

We do not have air conditioning because we really don't need it. We use to open the windows at night and we still slept with a blanket. It is getting too cool now to have our windows open at night. I am trying to enjoy the cool while I can because Guayaquil will be HOT all year long.  While cleaning last preparation day we found 2 cockroaches! I am surprised that there really aren't that many bugs around here. There are about a billion mosquitos everywhere but luckily they don't like me here. The soda here has a crazy amount of sugar in them because they have no regulations on how much can be in them. I can only drink half a soda. I love these chocolate chip cookies called Chokis here; they taste just like Chips Ahoy. The Cheetos here also have a nice spice on them. Dad you will be proud of me, I eat salsa every day on my tacos at lunch! They have a different kind of salsa every day sometimes hot sometimes mild. My favorite is a verde salsa with avocado but they are all good. My tolerance for spicy has gone up a few notches.

Today we went to the temple again and it was such a wonderful experience. I love the all the workers in México they are so sweet and strong in the gospel. The temple is so beautiful and I am so glad we got to go again before we leave. My love for The Book of Mormon has grown so much! Every chapter, yea every verse is just so great. I have felt an increased closeness with Heavenly Father and can feel his love as I have read and prayed daily. I am a daughter of God! He loves me, he blesses me continuously. He wants me to be like him and enjoy a fullness of joy. This is why he sent me to earth. To learn, progress, obtain a physical body and have faith in him so I can return to live in his presence. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. Through him I can repent of my sins and follow in his footsteps. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. Our flesh is weak, but our souls willing to follow Christ. 

My challenge: Read 2 Nephi Ch 4 and read or sing the hymn "Be Still My Soul."
My favorite hymn with my favorite chapter.

Con Amor,
Hermana Lyman



Temple today!!! 




These are my 3 roommates, we are the only Hermanas in our district as well.  Hermana Berrett, my companion, is in the light pink and black polka dots



No comments:

Post a Comment